Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessing Day

Finlee was blessed by her Daddy on Sunday. She had both her Grandpas there. She had her Grandma Susie and her Grandma Bonnie there also. She also had two great Grandmothers there. As well as Uncle Dustin andFamily as well as Aunt Marnie and her family. With Aunt Kiely too It was a wonderful blessing, a very special day. The love felt and shared on this day was one that I will never forget. I am truly blessed. I have never felt heaven on earth as I have on this day. I think it was a combination of many things.
It is especially odd to me to have felt the spirit so strong. I had not anticipated it. I was actually very concerned with the boys misbehaving and Finlee being sick. She cried and coughed through out the blessing. As soon as the blessing was over I scooped her out of Dave's hands and headed to the mommies lounge to make her happy again. I had not even thought yet about feeling the spirit.
It was later that I was over whelmed with gratitude and joy. So funny to me that the times when I learn the most from the the Holy Ghost I am usually caught off guard. Like I expect things to play out differently. This day was very personal to me. I can't explain the wonderful things I felt. These things changed how I view my life in an eternal perspective. It included more than just my little family. I have so much to be grateful for.








Great Grandma's Dune (my dads mom) and Boby (my mom's mom)


Four generations, my mom, me , Finlee and Great Grandma Boby
My brother and his son Tanner, and my dad. He just got ordained as a deacon. His first Sunday to pass the sacrament was last week but my Dad and brother were both working (firemen) and missed it. So after the blessing Tanner passed the sacrament in our ward.
Finlee with Grandma Bonnie (Dave's step mom) and Dave's Dad. David's mom passes away 6 years ago.
My little Miss Fin
My dad and Finlee
I love this picture. This is how the boys acted during the whole day. I will not be doing Halloween next year, it makes my children crazy.









7 comments:

Breeda said...

Sweet Larin! I am so happy that it was such a special day for you! I love you!

jenkinsfamliypost said...

blessing days are always such an emotional day. little fin's was so sweet. i am so glad that i was there.

Heather and Spencer said...

Love the top 3 pictures! So sweet!

Cindy said...

LOVE all the pictures, you all look so happy and in love!! What a very special day!

Moose and Family said...

Thank you for sharing the video. That was very special.

Knapp family said...

I so wish I could have been at the Blessing!! Love you! Adorable family! Be Proud!!

~Jill

Susan said...

I love your blog design--but the family that has it makes it beautiful! I will never forget that special Sunday. My heart is so full and I feel so blessed to have you near. Mom