Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Earth Quake! Where?


People always post their children's first steps, trips to Disneyland etc. I am posting about my boys and their first "California Quake".
Let me just say how very uneventful it was, thank goodness.
First we woke Jaxon up from a sound sleep when Dave and I yelled back and forth to one another acknowledging at the same time that we were having an earthquake. He was outside washing the car with Dean and I was inside.

David then said to Dean "We are having an earth quake. Do you feel it?" Which then Dean questioned "Where?" as he looked all around himself.( : So cute.

I am glad Dean was and is so oblivious. I am pretty sure by his age I was already so afraid of earthquakes and any mention of the term "The Big One" gave me nightmares.
I am grateful it was so tiny and I do feel a bit prepared, especially since I am staying at my parents house where my dad is pro when it comes to this exact thing.

8 comments:

jenkinsfamliypost said...

i did not even feel it. was putting babies to sleep and i felt a little "dizzy". strange. kiely, mom and grandma all were very excited! hahaha.

amber {and co.} said...

Yay for first earthquakes! I actually used to love them when I was a kid, but of course that was because I never knew anyone that was negatively affected by it... hopefully by experiencing them early your boys won't be too scared of them!

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Funny! Next time we have an earthquake I'm going to think of Dean saying, "where?"
During the earthquake, I was sitting at our computer desk and thought Natalie was twisting the chair. Not so! I'm also glad that it was uneventful for us.
P.S. When are we hanging out again? I miss Jaxon saying, "no no no."

Ashley said...

After the earth quake I was thinking that I need to take your dads class.

Heather Humphreys said...

How crazy!! I'm glad you didn't experience anything traumatic. And also I'm so impressed with your CERT training - that is awesome!! I'm going to put your phone number in my 72 hour kit or something! :)

Your family pix are BEAUTIFUL! It looks like you had a great time too. We sure miss you guys! Ethan was just saying to me this morning while we were getting ready for church, "Mom. Remember that Dean is allergic to milk? When he comes over to play, he will tell you he's allergic to milk. Mom, what does allergic mean?"

Kayla said...

I totally thought of you when I heard about the quake, so I am glad to hear that it was uneventful. That is a good thing with somthing like this.

Knapp family said...

That's the one thing I don't miss about CA "Earthquakes" I never liked them and never could get use to the earth moving below my feet. Anyway glad to hear all is well and got your new information.
Thanks!!

Knapp family said...

I love the pictures at the beach by the way. She does a great job!