Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We Are Having Fun

I just wanted to finally post that we made it here safe and sound. We still feel a little like we are on vacation because we are having so much fun. We have already had a couple family BBQ's. We have been hiking, bike riding until dark, I go running with two of my sisters everyday.....So awesome to be out of the million degree weather. I have already been to my families favorite place to eat. I have already been asked to speak in church. I have seen the beach while running errands, but haven't been there yet. We are staying at a beach house about 25 minutes away starting this Friday for a week. Old family tradition that began 50 years ago with both my mom and dad's family. So fun!!!!
When I first pulled into town, I was driving Dave's truck with Jaxon in the car and our dog Dixie in the back, I was relieved to be almost done driving. 9 hours later Yuck!!!! The town I grew up in where I am living now, Santa Paula, is a small town where I am not ever surprised to pass some one from my family around town. It doesn't help that my dad, brother, and cousin are all town fire fighters and up until last week my brother in-law was a city cop but is now retired.
Sure enough as I approached the second intersection I hear the fire truck sirens blaring and here comes the fire truck. My dog instantly started howling which cracked me up. Then I see my brothers arm hanging out the window of the fire truck.
He didn't see me. But it was so fun to see him and point out the "woo woo" to Jaxon and tell him uncle Dustin was in there. I felt like I had arrived. It was so great.
I do have pictures......lots of pictures. I just am using my moms computer to write this because my computer is not yet hooked up to the internet.
I got a new camera I might add. From the best friend on the planet. So the best gift I have ever received....in my life! Super nice camera. All I have to say is Kayla rocks!!!

6 comments:

jenkinsfamliypost said...

we are so glad you are here. i tell dean everyday while he is at my house, please don't ever move away again. he promises he will not.

amber {and co.} said...

I'm so glad (and jealous!) that you're home safe and sound! Definitely keep us updated on all the fun stuff you do :)

Ashley said...

I am reading this and almost crying I am so happy for you (and for me) that you are back.

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safely...can't wait to see all of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Larin, I totally know the feeling of coming home, it is so great! I hope you guys love it there!

Susan said...

Ta Da! You're Here! I love you! Mom