Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Hobo House/ Hot Rod

Photobucket
Dave got a future hot rod!! Woo Woo.....he is so excited to finally have his project car. He has had several since getting his license. Including a '90 mustang, a '72 Nova, a 67 SS Camaro, and the car he had when I met him, his 2000 mustang.
When he sold his 2000 mustang I was expecting Dean and he sold it because a car seat would not fit in the extra small back seat. That was besides the fact that the engine would cause deafness in a newborn. Now that Dean is almost 6 Dave has once again returned to the world of hot rods and I am so happy for him.
A few Days ago Dave called from work saying that my brother Dustin had been offered an old car in the garage of a condemned house the fire department was going to burn down for training. The car had been abandoned and had been housing a homeless man,....yuck! Dustin had been told that if he removed it he could have it. So of coarse Dave jumped at the chance and all it cost them was two hours labor of lifting a collapsed garage roof off it, $65 for a tow and $55 for three wheels.
That's it-
It was super nasty on the inside. One hobo is pretty bummed without his house, dirty mags, and drug paraphernalia (yep you heard right). Dave has already set off a bug bomb in it. He vacumed it for several hours and removed the rat chewed seats. I can't believe someone lived in there. EWWW!!!
Photobucket
I think Dustin and Dave really scored a diamond in the ruff. This 1946 DeSoto seems like a very rare find. It's "clean" on the outside with no surface damage and has all the orriginal eblems and chrome trim. It also has suicide doors.
My brother is always in the right place at the right time and seriously has some good luck. Now Dave, my dad and Dustin can bond over there projects.
My dad has an old Plymouth Valient convertable, Dustin has an old '56 Ford truck and now Dave has his awsome DeSoto.
Yay for husband hobbies! I am glad Dave can once again do what he loves.

Photobucket

What it could be( :

5 comments:

jenkinsfamliypost said...

to bad you can not see the amount in the for sale sign in the window of the finished Desoto. it is going to be fun.

Ashley said...

That is so cool. I would love to have an old awesome car like that, maybe without the homeless guy. I would like to just cruise around in it on a Saturday. Can't wait to see the progress.

Knapp family said...

Very Cool David! I Know you will love souping that sucker up!!! Can't wait to see the final product!

Sharlet said...

Very cool. Congrats to Dave. You can see the car has potential.

Knapp family said...

Larin, I am tagging you. Sorry I hate these but I got tagged and was told if you break the chin you will have bad luck.
Copy and paste below to your blog and fill in your own answers.
Have fun!

Ohhh No I have been tagged!!!

Four jobs I have had:
1. Back Office Medical Asst. For OBGYN
2. Pacific surf and sport
3. Dancer,Modeling
4. Waitress At Numero Uno Italian Restaurant

Four movies I have watched more than once:
1. Charlies Angles
2. Spider Man
3. Bat Man
4. Sky High

Four places I have lived:
1. Thousand Oaks, CA
2. Westlake, CA
3. Chicago, IL
4. Nampa, ID

Four TV show I watch:
1. Dancing with the stars
2. Law and Order. SVU
3. So You Think You Can Dance
4. Dateline

Four places I have been:
1. Alaska
2. Thailand
3. Tokyo
4. Hawaii

Four Celebrity's you have met:
1. John Stamos x2
2. Mikhail Baryshinikov
3. Gene Kelly (for Real)
4. Lucille Ball (for Real)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Mexican food! (Big time)
2. Veggies
3. Soy Beans (Out of the pod)
4. Kit Kat Candy Bar!

Four places I would like to visit:
1. Alaska
2. Hawaii
3. Tokyo
4. Thailand

Four things I am looking forward to in the coming year:
1. A Strong Mobile Ankle!
2. Getting in Shape!
3. Vacationing!
4. Decorating Our Bedroom!

Four friends I am tagging:
1. Larin
2. Becky
3. Megan
4. Whitney