Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Carrott on a Stick

I am positive that everyone has heard the phrase carrot on a stick to get someone moving.
Apparently not everyone has heard of it, possibly because it doesn't actually work.

It's like bribing a child to be quite in church. If they are seriously that stubborn they won't behave for anyone. Trust me, I have been bribing for 5+ years now, you would think I'd give up. (oops, make that eight if you count how long I've been married)

Today Kiely, lil sis, and Dave were trying to relocate the ever precious donkey Maria to her new home near Banner, one of the other horses. Kiely pulled and pulled, Dave cracked the whip, literally. Still nothing. So I got the brilliant cartoon-esque idea and tied a carrot by rope to the end of a stick.

I was thinking that all those Disney cartoons I watched as a child would finally come in handy..........Maria, not impressed.

The only way she finally budged was a great old fashioned theory Dave put to use. If you pulled hard and long enough the stubborn jack-ass we love so dearly would finally start moving her ass.

Oh well it was worth a try, right?

Check out the action shots.

Tug and pull

Dave's peace offering after her walk, oops, drag to her new home.


Oh Crap, No wonder it didn't work. She likes apples.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that yellow house in the background!

The Knappy Crew said...

Thanks that is my sisters new house. They just built it on my parents property at the beginning of the year. I am jealous!

Sisters Produce said...

I love the story. I wish I would have been here. That is FUNNY! good job.~~~~~Marnie

The Wiltbank Bunch said...

Hey there! We did a turkey at the Minors last year but this year Ty's boss was doing one at his house and Ty helped with the pit and everything so we were more hands on with it. Things didn't go exactly as planned, but what ever does!!!

Good to hear from you again!

Kat said...

Thanks for the laugh!

We're moving over to San Tan Heights this weekend. The owner of this house stopped paying his house payment (even though I still paid my rent, every single month!) and they are auctioning it off on the 16th. I certainly wouldn't have picked moving this close to christmas but, whatever! :D

Peterson Family said...

That is hilarious!! Yeah, your sister's how is SO pretty. I love the porch. :)

Sharlet said...

Poor Dave.