Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We've Moved




Not far. We actually moved less than a mile away from my parents. We are very secluded and enjoy the view we have of the avocado and lemon orchards that I walked through as a kid. We also have enjoyed living closer to the mountain lions who have taken over Santa Paula.(jk) We were warned by a police officer 2 nights into our new home to immediately go inside because the mountain lion was spotted on the next street over near a duck pond we love to visit.
We knew something was up right before he flew down our driveway. Our little dog Dixie was freaked and was growling into the bushes with her hair standing on end. Also all the near by livestock were completely quiet....... for once. Kind of freaky considering their paws are bigger than a mans hand.
Despite the mountain lion we really think it is quaint and we love that it is so close to my parents.

5 comments:

Peterson Family said...

That is so scary!! YOU especially need to stay inside, you're a two-for-one snack! :) j/k I guess that's not really funny. Those orchards are beautiful and I love the picket fence. :) How have you been feeling? I hope you are not still suffering with 'morning' sickness (I put quote marks around 'morning', since it's really any time of the day). :)

Anonymous said...

Love the view. glad your are close but we all miss you since you are not across the driveway anymore.

Susan said...

Yeeeee aaaaah, I get a reverse 911 and i can't get ahold of you to keep the human beans and critters inside! Freaky and I think that fish pond has so many water fowl it's plenty of food. Poor Dixie thinks you've moved to the jungle. lymi Mom

Kayla said...

wohoo that you have your own place!! But that really is freaky about the mountain lion, my kids spend almost all day long outside, I think that would change knowing there really was somthing lurking so close by. I ran into your sis in law and Olivia the other day down at bahama bucks and said hi, she said that Daves Grandpa had passed away, I'm sorry to hear about that. Hope the prego is going great:)

Susan said...

I can show you it's on cutest blog on the block, but I have a bunch of stamps on my photoshop elements that make a signature. It was fun to make. Kiely's was a little harder. Thanks so writing a note on my page.