A few days ago Dave and I were outside at my parents house enjoying the evening while Jaxon slept and Dean was off playing. We both smelled a little bit of smoke. My first thought was a bonfire or BBQ. Then Dave jumped up and said. "Hey it looks like there is a fire down in that neighborhood."
My dad was home so I ran into the house and yelled for him. He got in his car and drove down the driveway up to the main road. He called for back up and went to fight the fire.
Dave and I ran down to the street with every body in the whole neighborhood. I grabbed my camera and got some amazing pictures. They actually got the fire knocked down in about 15 minutes. Luckily everyone was safe. It was actually a garage and trees.
When Dean was born Dave and I lived right next to this home and shared a driveway with the family who had the fire. They were an elderly couple and an older daughter. But like I said no damage to their home. It did blow out the windows of the house behind theirs.
4 comments:
that definitely looks like more than a garage and some trees. Holy cow that thing is huge! Remember the fire in QC of the house across the street from the park. Pretty intense!! Yeah it is kinda funny that both our boys are still red headed. I really thought he would have lost it by now but I guess they are both going to be our little red headed spitfires! Beckett surely is, don't know is Jaxson is just yet.
:0) Hope you are doing well in Cali and keep in touch!
crazy fire. good pictures.
oh my goodness! you got some great shots of that fire. Glad it wasnt any closer to you and that nobody was hurt.
Wowza! Scary! You got some good pictures. I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
-Susanna
Post a Comment