
Last night I passed the Los Angeles Temple from the 405 fwy. I was so saddened as I thought about the evil that are staging themselves around this beautiful place that I was married in. That these people have caused this temple to be shut down.
I was reminded of the things my youth leaders shared with our ym & yw groups from back in the day of baptisms for the dead. We were told that the temple is like a sanctuary from the outside world. It was.
I have a picture on my wedding day of me and Dave standing at the edge of the lawn before it sloped down the hill over looking Santa Monica blvd. (a really ugly and terrible place in LA.)
It is a modern day Sondem and Gomorah. I knew that then but last night it was made new again.
It was a revelation that was made so real to me and brought tears to my eyes. I am happy to hear the positive words from our steadfast leaders. We are blessed in so many ways.
Please read the message below and then the article link and vote on the poll.
Are Mormons Unfairly Targeted?
This article is posted on SFGate. When you click on the link you will see a movie down toward the left of the page --- there is a poll right under that which asks about whether Mormons are unfairly targeted. We need to get many people to vote on this poll before it goes off line, so please take time to click --- and then pass the link to as many trusted others as you can. (Only works once per IP address, so you don't be surprised if you only get one vote per household...move it along outside your four walls pass it on.
click -poll-
1 comment:
Beautiful picture of the temple. The awful pictures of protesters outside this holy building makes me feel sick! But I think it's died down A LOT.
-Susanna
Post a Comment