
When I was growing up I shared a room with my three older sisters and then with my little sister later. Eight years separated me from the oldest. Eight years separated me from the youngest.
One of my older sisters got a quote from a church youth fireside. This quote meant nothing to me when it was first placed on the mirror. I was probably 8 or 9 years old. It was small, copper, and had an adheasive on the back that made it possible for it to stay on a mirror in the bathroom of our youth for hmm......it might still be there.
(some where between 15-20 years)
Everyday as we got ready in the morning this quote was there staring back at us. Most of the time we would look beyond this quote not actually seeing the words. Kind of like the little nick in your windshield that you remember from time to time but mostly look beyond.
Even though I didn't acknowledge this quote every time I glanced in this mirror (which my have been a lot) I think those words are forever etched in my mind, and I know all four of my sisters would all say the same. Especially my little sister who still uses this mirror.
I think this quote has come into play many times in my life helping me make, what I thought, were huge decisions.
I am at a cross roads as some of you know. My decision is a big one. It is not meant to take lightly. I will not be making it alone. It will effect more than just me and prayer is definitely involved. I am just so afraid of making the wrong choice.
I guess my fear is that "Decisions Determine Destiny."
Should I be fearful? Maybe. That quote on that mirror rings in my head. All I can think about is that destiny reaches so far forward.
I am a very easy going, go with the flow type person. I would be happy anywhere as long as those around me are happy.
My question is, will this choice make those around me happy?
I just wish it were as easy as throwing a coin into the air.
Sorry for the ramblings.....I just need to know that I am not the only one who doesn't want to admit that a "stupor of thought" has occurred.
One of my older sisters got a quote from a church youth fireside. This quote meant nothing to me when it was first placed on the mirror. I was probably 8 or 9 years old. It was small, copper, and had an adheasive on the back that made it possible for it to stay on a mirror in the bathroom of our youth for hmm......it might still be there.
(some where between 15-20 years)
Everyday as we got ready in the morning this quote was there staring back at us. Most of the time we would look beyond this quote not actually seeing the words. Kind of like the little nick in your windshield that you remember from time to time but mostly look beyond.
Even though I didn't acknowledge this quote every time I glanced in this mirror (which my have been a lot) I think those words are forever etched in my mind, and I know all four of my sisters would all say the same. Especially my little sister who still uses this mirror.
I think this quote has come into play many times in my life helping me make, what I thought, were huge decisions.
I am at a cross roads as some of you know. My decision is a big one. It is not meant to take lightly. I will not be making it alone. It will effect more than just me and prayer is definitely involved. I am just so afraid of making the wrong choice.
I guess my fear is that "Decisions Determine Destiny."
Should I be fearful? Maybe. That quote on that mirror rings in my head. All I can think about is that destiny reaches so far forward.
I am a very easy going, go with the flow type person. I would be happy anywhere as long as those around me are happy.
My question is, will this choice make those around me happy?
I just wish it were as easy as throwing a coin into the air.
Sorry for the ramblings.....I just need to know that I am not the only one who doesn't want to admit that a "stupor of thought" has occurred.
5 comments:
Larin this is so ironic that you bring this up, this very thing has been on my mind for the last two weeks! Its actually comforting to ME to know that I'm not the only one wondering about the seriousness of life decisions right now (and i hope it helps you too!) email me if you discuss this more, im always up for a chat :)
*sorry, that should have said email me if you want to discuss this more, its almost midnight and my brain has stopped functioning :)
Yeah, well I think I will always be afraid to buy a home. I want to make sure it is right. I want to be selfish and make you move out here, but I do want what's best for your family.
No I am not THAT selfish, nor do I consider that my prayers are more powerful, but i was not even praying for things to work out the way I want them. I always prayed and wanted everything to work out the way he Lord wanted and what was best for your family because that is all that matters. I am excited don't get me wrong. I love you and I can NOT wait to see you all.
You have my curiosity going!! Even though I don't know what's going on, I'll pray you and your family make the right choices and decision. When you include the Lord, it's hard to go wrong.
I love that quote! I just might have an FHE lesson for the kids and put it on their mirror. What a great reminder to have everyday!
Post a Comment