"O remember,remember,"Book of Mormon prophets often implored. My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness." President Eyring
I don't know if any of you remember this wonderful conference talk from October
07. Within this talk was a wonderful suggestion from President Eyring to keep a journal specifically to keep a record of God's hand in our lives.....I am so glad I chose this for me. Since beginning my journal I have recognized amazing miracles everyday in my life that I would have for the most part overlooked or forgotten.
A lot of you know the trials of my life for the last six months. We have been placed in that refining fire and I get to work on my patience everyday. Prayers have been answered in so many ways. Strange ways too. I say strange in a good way. Remarkable and surprising, really. A tender mercy I enjoy is looking back on the kindness of friends and family acting on inspiration they had to help me along. I am so glad to have written these acts so that Dave, me and the boys can become strengthen, edified. and recharged each time we read these experiences that have in no doubt been a blessing from God at his hand.
I am so grateful to say that today I have been again blessed in a way that is amazing and surprising. My heart is full of gratitude that this person acted on the whispering of the Holy Ghost. I cannot repay this person back in the way that they blessed me. I can only hope that I can be prepared and ready when it is my turn to act and be that instrument in Gods hand that this person was for me. I will record this special day in my book of miracles so that someday me and my family can be blessed by the memory with testimonies strengthened.
I also wanted to say Thank You.... I love you... You are my Hero.
5 comments:
Larin you are an inspiration to me. I am sorry that life has trials and hard times. I am so proud of you and your testimony. You are a wonderful person and I am so glad that you are my sister and my very best friend. I love you and your hero is amazing.
I remember this talk too and it was one that really touched me. I think about it often. It's amazing how we can receive blessings through others. Today you helped me feel the spirit through your beautiful words.
Love you!!! Susanna
That was beautiful! Thank you for the reminder. It is amazing how the Lord works in mysterious ways to bless our lives, not always the way we want but always for our good. :-)
Surprise, Surprise! Dear Knapp Family, you must be living the commandments and righteous in every way possible the "Windows Of Heaven" will continue to bless you.
Your sweet testimony is absolutely one for the Ensign. You write beautifully and from your heart.
Thank you for the letter you are writing for CERT. I don't mean just the thoughtfulness, but also the way you write. No wonder you received an "As" in your college English classes.
What an incredible testimony and reminder about our Savior this time of year. I am so glad you shared--it will be something to look back on years down the road to remember the blessings that come amidst trials.
On another note--we are attending the zoo next Tuesday, April 8th at 9:00. You can pay with me if you want, we are getting in for 5.00 per person over 3 and that includes admission to Stingray Bay. Let me know what your plans are.
Post a Comment