Yesterday was the first Sunday in almost four years that we have attended church lasting longer than 2 1\2 hours. I should not have been surprised when the child that was being lead through Relief Society was my Dean. He was crying, really loud, with lots of tears. I took him out to the hall and asked him what was the matter. I don't know why I asked. My little Dave Jr. was hungry. He was having a melt down because he couldn't handle the fact that he hadn't eaten in almost three hours. Worst of all he said that his class is in the kitchen and that made his tummy sad. Dave's never said his tummy was sad because of the kitchen but I can definitely tell when Dave is hungry. He gets G R U M P Y.
On Dave's mission his companions would play off his grumpy hunger and sing him a song. The song goes, Pissy Knapp, pissy Knapp, piss piss pissy Knapp etc. I have tried singing it him a few times to lighten the mood. A word of warning...Don't ever do that. He gets even pissier. Him and Dean are two peas in a pod. I found some pictures of the two of them. They don't just look a like, we should have named Dean Dave Jr. He is his Dad in a little body.
8 comments:
You guys are finally back on a 3 hour block. I must admit, it was quite a shock to my system, too. My kids had a hard time adjusting, especially lately since we have the 1 pm time. We don't bring snacks for them, but EVERYONE else brings their kids sandwiches, chips, crackers, cookies, etc...it's kinda ridiculous. But they've learned, & we've learned to be picky about who we sit by.
Dean sure is Dave's mini-me, too cute!
I am totally going to use "the kitchen made me sad" as an expression for hunger. I love it. Hunger does make me grumpy too. Whenever I start a diet I am so moody the first few days. I guess it is the 6 year old in me shinning through.
Dean, it's okay to be sad. Tummies hurt and Dave it's okay to be pissy, too! I know when you go without food you get a major headache. Must be just that super high metabolism and energy level. You never stop working, even when you're home. Larin, I still have more questions about my stupid blog. I want it to look better and you are so smart to figure out the way to lay templates out with a background. I'm so impressed. BTW, that means your HTML skills show a real understanding of math--Did you know that? You could be a rocket scientist (and I can't even spell it) lol I love you all and miss you. Can't wait for the beach house! Mom
I remember having my primary class in the kitchen for a while. It made me cold, not so much hungry. That was a funny Dean story! At least you know what you are in for. I think Natalie will be just like Jeff. She never stops moving and she's always so busy!
Poor Dean. Good job for Dean being able to tell you want the matter was. He did not leave you guessing. Why did your church times change? Will it stay that way? I am still hoping that ours will change to the shorter block. Miss you!
That is so funny and so cute, I can picture dean saying that. When I picked Bella up from class Sunday after our 3 hours, all she could say over and over again was, Mom I am hungry! The 3 hours is going to be hard to get used to.
FAST SUNDAYS ARE THE WORST. We have church at 1pm so by 4pm Tyler and I don't talk. We come home and end our fast... I totally know where Dean is coming from....
That was pretty funny. I actually find that I like church being 3 hours--almost a full 2 hours without the kids (well, except the baby, of course, and now I'm in primary so I guess that's not so accurate, but generally-speaking it's a break)!!! Good luck with Dave Jr.! :-)
Post a Comment