Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Puppy Is Saved

Kiely and Darbie
Dean and Dixie

Kiely is my little sister. She is 19 and is working hard to become a vet tech and some one who does Artificial Insemination for those of you who don't know that's a pet impregnator....gross I know,
but boucko $$$$$$$
This couldn't have been at a better time for us. Our little Dixie almost died last week from some unknown sickness. Thursday night and Saturday night I pretty much kissed her goodbye and went to bed with fingers crossed and a prayer in my heart that she would still be there in the morning. To top it off our whole family has been fighting the flu with fever, chills, congestion, sick stomachs. We were all one happy bunch of sick' Os,. On top of this we felt completely helpless when it came to caring for Dixie.
Kiely did all she could to figure out the mysterious illness. She had me explain all the symptoms over the phone.....which was pretty much everything we had and cold and stiff. (seriously almost dead)
Friday afternoon Kiely sent a package from Cali. with medication in it. We got it Saturday by 10 am. We started immediately giving her shots of penicillin and worm-er.
And today, after days of magical improvement...... She is definitely back to our sweet Dixie!!!!! How do I know for sure.....well she is chewing Dean's toy as I write this, and I am letting her do it....sorry Dean.
I think Kiely feels especially partial to our puppy because she has Dixie's sister Darbie. Kiely is freakin awesome!!!!! I would be so sad to have this sweet puppy die. Kiely's our hero.

6 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Im SO GLAD little Dixie is okay, we almost lost our dog a few months back and its one of the most heartbreaking things to have to go through! I definitely feel for you going through that stress, now if your family can just get better :) p.s. thanks for the birthday wishes, you made my day, you're the best!!!

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Kiely IS awesome! I'm so glad that your doggy is feeling better. What a scary experience.

jenkinsfamliypost said...

kiely rules! yeah for good advice and cheap meds!!!!! kiely will be the best vet tech ever. chew on dixie!

Ashley said...

She is good! I am glad your puppy is ok.

Jeni said...

My sister's husband's sister is a cow impregnator....really gross but she makes BANK!!!

Candace said...

HOORAY. That is awesome.