Friday, May 2, 2008

My Never Ending Story


This is Rock biter, as I am sure you all remember. I have one of these of my very own. Accept he has red hair, soft white skin and likes granite, limestone, smooth and ruff.... whatever.
He bites rocks and he loves it. I would call rock biting his favorite pastime. I am always amazed at how quickly he can stash these rocks in to his chubby chipmunk-type cheeks.
I have also found a few rock look-a-likes is his biting little face.
Those include;

  • Bugs (cickets and lady bugs)
  • food off the floor in public place
  • already bitten candy belonging to someone we didn't know
  • band aids also not his
  • mud
  • dog food & dog poop
  • little toys

I know what you are thinking-YUCK!!!!!! Me too.

I am so fearful he will choke, let alone catch monster germs. I hate letting him walk around in the yard because all I do is try and race to the poor little rocks rescue before it becomes my little rock biters chew toy. I am clearly not very fast. I am so over this. I am so anxious for the end of this rock biting phase. Pretty soon he will have the lovely gnarled teeth just like the rock biter that got sucked away by "The Nothing". Any suggestions?

6 comments:

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Sorry, no advice from me on that one. Although, Natalie loves to eat leaves and it drives me crazy! Also, Holly and Meme always LOVED watching the Never Ending Story but I can't stand it. I'm not sure why. That dragon that looks like a dog freaks me out!
I was cracking up when I saw, "I'm thankful for the love that my love and I share" because Jeff just said that to me the other night at dinner. It's still funny to me!

Susan said...

Larin and Tressa ate everything and I won't tell ALL the stories about them but--if it was in reach-they stuffed it in their lovely sweet little mouths. This was not only scary, but Drs were called, bloody throats, well, the worse one happened to be Larin (you've got the curse) she ate a wood chip and Tressa, was how old? She called 911. The Police came, it was the officer with all the blue heelers, Troyce that came to save you. Dad just reached in and took it out. Tressa crying because she thought she did the wrong thing. The panic made her think baby Larin was going to choke and die. Soooo, the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Thank you very much--I'm a nut!

jenkinsfamliypost said...

that is a funny story. poor larin, jaxon is a little stinker.

Heather and Spencer said...

Is this what I have to look forward to???

Ashley said...

Not a moments rest.

Unknown said...

My girls both went through that phase of eating random objects, too. I think the grosses thing is the dog poop. He'll grow out of it! Hopefully sooner than later! :)